The recent period witnessed a great development in the field of using fillings to fill the gaps in the teeth, and there are many types of these fillings, including cosmetic fillings, fillings made of gold, silver, or colored composite fillings.
To learn more about dental fillings, you can follow the following article to find out all the answers you want with Dr. Noura Radwan, a dental and cosmetic dentistry specialist, so keep reading with us.
What are dental fillings?
Dental fillings are a group of medical materials that the doctor uses to repair dental problems resulting from decay, such as the formation of voids or distortion of the surface of the teeth, and dental fillings help restore the radiant appearance of the teeth as it was.
Steps to install dental fillings
Many ask about “how the doctor installs dental fillings,” and you can follow the next paragraph to get to know the answer, and the answer is as follows:
- The doctor initially uses local anesthesia.
- He then begins to remove the affected part of the tooth through the dental drill or through the use of laser technology.
- After making sure that the cavity is completely removed, the doctor prepares the area
To fill and cleanse it of the bacteria in it.
- The doctor has to place a thin glass barrier to protect the nerve in case the problem is close to the root of the tooth.
- In the end, he puts the filling, polishes the surface of the teeth, and makes sure that there are no protrusions.
- The steps of normal tooth filling differ from the steps of nerve filling, as the nerve filling needs to open the pulp of the tooth, pull out the inflamed nerve, and cleanse the root canals.
At the end of the steps, the doctor places the permanent filling, and may put a crown to protect the tooth from cracking.
Types of dental fillings
There are many types of dental fillings, and the most famous of these types are metal (silver) fillings, golden fillings, and porcelain fillings. There are also colored cosmetic fillings called “composites.” In the following lines, we will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
It lasts for a very long period, ranging from 15 to 20 years, and is characterized by strength and durability, but what is wrong with it is that the color of the golden filling differs from the color of the rest of the teeth, and its price is very expensive and can sometimes reach 10 times the price of the silver filling.
Silver fillings have the same features as gold fillings, but they are less expensive, but these fillings do not give an aesthetic appearance due to the color of the filling being completely different from the color of natural teeth, and it may be used for back molars.
This type of filling is considered one of the best solutions available when considering a cosmetic dental filling, as the color of the filling is very close to the natural teeth, and it is considered one of the most closely related types of teeth. This is for light treatment that works to create strong bonds between the teeth and the filling.
Dr. Noura Radwan recommends some tips for the client to preserve the dental fillings, and the most important of these tips are the following:
General care of the teeth and making sure to clean them well through the use of brush and toothpaste as well as dental floss.
Avoid eating sticky foods that stick to the filling.
Not eating very cold or hot foods and drinks.
Regular follow-up with the dentist every 6 months.
For more advice, you can contact Dr. Noura Radwan’s clinics, and you will be answered by the specialized medical team.
Dental filling price
The average price of a regular dental filling ranges from 500 to 1500 Egyptian pounds, while nerve filling ranges from 1200 to 2500. Prices may vary from one medical center to another, due to the presence of some factors, including the following:
The type of filling used.
The doctor’s skill and scientific experience in the field of dental fillings.
The quality of the filling used.
Tools and techniques used in the dental filling process.
You can contact us through the numbers on the home page, and you will be answered by the specialized medical team as soon as possible.
Why Dr. Noura Radwan Center?
Dr. Noura Radwan Center is considered one of the best dental centers that provide dental fillings service with the best quality and many types, and the center is characterized by many features that make it one of the best dental centers in Egypt, including:
- He uses the latest equipment and technology in dental fillings.
- The center has an integrated medical team in all dental specialties.
- He sterilizes the equipment with the latest sterilization devices.
- The center provides the best medical service at the highest level.
- The price of a dental filling at Dr. Noura Radwan Center is suitable for all groups.
For more information or to book an appointment, you can contact us through our numbers on the home page of our website, and you will be answered immediately by our specialized medical team..